Ke Huy Quan (Chinese: 關繼威; Vietnamese: Quan Kế Huy; born August 20, 1971), also known as Jonathan Ke Quan, is a Vietnam-born Chinese-American actor and stunt choreographer. He is best known for his roles as Short Round in Steven Spielberg’s Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984), with Harrison Ford, Kate Capshaw, Amrish Puri, Roshan Seth, and Philip Stone; and Data in Richard Donner’s The Goonies (1985), with Sean Astin, Josh Brolin, Jeff Cohen, Corey Feldman, Kerri Green, Martha Plimpton, John Matuszak, Ann Ramsey, Robert Davi, and Joe Pantoliano. He also co-starred as Jasper Kwong in the sitcom Head of the Class over two seasons from 1990 to 1991.
Other notable films include Encino Man (1992), with Astin, Brendan Fraser, Mariette Hartley, Richard Masur, and Pauly Shore; Jeffrey Kay’s Second Time Around (2002), with Ekin Cheng and Cecilia Cheung; Jude Weng’s Finding ‘Ohana (2021), with Kea Peahu, Alex Aiono, Lindsay Watson. Owen Vaccaro, Kelly Hu, Branscombe Richmond, Chris Parnell, Marc Evan Jackson, and Ricky Garcia; and Daniels’s Everything Everywhere All at Once (2021), with Michelle Yeoh, Stephanie Hsu, Jenny Slate, Harry Shum Jr., James Hong, and Jamie Lee Curtis; the latter earned him various awards including an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor.
Each review will be linked to the title below.
(*seen originally in theaters)
(**seen rereleased in theaters)
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)** – directed by Steven Spielberg
- The Goonies (1985)** – directed by Richard Donner
- Passenger: Sugisarishi hibi (1987) – directed by Akiyoshi Kimata
- Breathing Fire (1991) – directed by Lou Kennedy & Brandon De-Wilde
- Encino Man (1992)* – directed by Les Mayfield
- Red Pirate (1997) – directed by Chi-Hwa Chen
- Second Time Around (2002) – directed by Jeffrey Lau
- Finding ʻOhana (2021) – directed by Jude Weng
- Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022)* – directed by Daniel Kwan & Daniel Scheinert