Rebecca Augusta Miller, Lady Day-Lewis (born September 15, 1962) is an American independent filmmaker, screenwriter, novelist and occasional actress. She is the daughter of Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright Arthur Miller (with his third wife, photographer Inge Morath), and The wife of three time Academy Award winning actor, Daniel Day-Lewis.
Miller is for her films Angela(1995), Personal Velocity: Three Portraits (2002), with Kyra Sedgwick, Parker Posey, and Fairuza Balk; The Ballad of Jack and Rose (2005), starring Day-Lewis, Catherine Keener, Jason Lee, and Beau Bridges; The Private Lives of Pippa Lee (2009), with Robin Wright, Alan Arkin, Maria Bello, Monica Bellucci, Blake Lively, Julianne Moore, Keanu Reeves and Winona Ryder; and Maggie’s Plan (2019), Greta Gerwig, Ethan Hawke, Bill Hader, Maya Rudolph, Travis Fimmel, Wallace Shawn, and Moore; all of which she wrote and directed. She also co-wrote the script to Proof (2005), starring Gwyneth Paltrow, Anthony Hopkins, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Hope Davis.
As an actress, she appeared in the mini-series The Murder of Mary Phagan (1988), with Jack Lemmon, Kevin Spacey, and William H. Macy; the films Regarding Henry (1991), with Harrison Ford and Annette Bening; Consenting Adults (1993), with Kevin Kline, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, and Forrest Whitaker; Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle (1994), with Jennifer Jason Leigh, Campbell Scott, Matthew Broderick, Peter Gallagher, Jennifer Beals, Andrew McCarthy, and Shawn; Love Affair (1994), with Warren Beatty, Bening, Katharine Hepburn, and Pierce Brosnan; and The Meyerowitz Stories (2017), with Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller, Dustin Hoffman, Elizabeth Marvel and Emma Thompson.
Each review will be linked to the title below.
(*seen originally in theaters)
(**seen rereleased in theaters)
- Angela (1995)
- Personal Velocity: Three Portraits (2002)
- The Ballad of Jack and Rose (2005)
- Proof (2005) – directed by John Madden – co-writer
- The Private Lives of Pippa Lee (2009)
- Maggie’s Plan (2015)
- Arthur Miller: Writer (2017) – documentary
- The Murder of Mary Phagan (1988) – directed by William Hale – miniseries
- Seven Minutes (1989) – directed by Klaus Maria Brandauer – Germany
- Regarding Henry (1991) – directed by Mike Nichols
- Wind (1992) – directed by Carroll Ballard
- Consenting Adults (1992) – directed by Alan J. Pakula
- The Pickle (1993) – directed by Paul Mazursky
- The American Clock (1993) – directs by Bob Clark – TV movie
- Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle (1994) – directed by Alan Rudolph
- Love Affair (1994) – directed by Glenn Gordon Caron
- The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected) (2017) – directed by Noah Baumbach – aka The Meyerowitz Stories